Multiple %s format specifiers with a single argument

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 23:04:08 PDT 2012

Am Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:11:16 +1200
schrieb James Miller <james at aatch.net>:

> Its less using the email interface, and more people using braindead
> email clients. Gmail and Mutt (the two I use most) seem to handle
> replying well, setting the correct headers to indicate things. But I've
> seen some odd postings from people posting using things like Windows
> Live Mail. And it seems that Outlook Express is better at mailing lists
> than Outlook, which is strange...
>
> --
> James Miller

Well, I found Claws-Mail to actually fix up behind broken mail clients, by merging discussions with the same title. I switched from Opera to CM a while ago. It also offers a search by a list of criteria that downloads missing message bodies lazily on a full-text search. It starts up almost instantly, but takes a few seconds to load the 160.000 messages of this group, fixing up split discussions on the way. ;) Also I found that Opera Mail had a good set of default settings, while in Claws it took me a while to understand its configuration options. Haven't tried other clients (except for Evolution, which was no improvement over Opera).

--
Marco