GUI library

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Apr 13 06:48:09 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-13 14:51, Rizo Isrof wrote:
> On Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 15:14:04 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> It would also be possible to use Cocoa, as you do with Objective-C,
>> but that wouldn't be very practically. There's also a DMD fork that
>> directly supports interfacing with Objective-C:
>>
>> http://michelf.com/projects/d-objc/
>
> Why do you say that the usage of Cocoa through the D-ObjC bridge would
> not be very practical? What are the possible limitations?

What I was referring to above was to interface with Objective-C without
using a bridge. That is just very verbose and tedious. There's a lot of
code to write just to create a new class, call a method and so on.

The problem with the D/Objective-C bridge is bloat. A Hello World
application written using the bridge takes around 60MB. It also slows
down compilation time.

--
/Jacob Carlborg