floats default to NaN... why?

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 01:10:56 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 14 April 2012 at 07:59:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Saturday, April 14, 2012 09:45:57 F i L wrote:
>> If D doesn't accommodate entering Laymen, how does it expect to
>> gain popularity in any major way? Efficiency puts D on the map,
>> convenience is what brings the tourists.
>
> I believe that you are the first person that I have ever heard
> complain that D
> tries to default to error values. I think that some have asked
> why the types
> default to what they default to, but it's not something that
> people normally
> complain about. I've explained the reasoning behind it. You can
> like it or
> not, but as far as I can tell, this is a complete non-issue.

Well my testimonial evidence against yours, eh? :) I'm not trying
to get under anyone's skin here. You've explained the logic
behind the decision and I think I've made some valid points
against that logic. You obviously don't feel like arguing the
point further, so I'll just leave it at that.