arrays and foreach

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 07:07:37 PDT 2012

On 04/17/2012 12:42 AM, Somedude wrote:

> Sorry for hijacking this thread, but since you're around, I hope you'll
> see this message. As a D beginner, I'm browsing through your book.
> I wanted to tell you that there is something essential missing in it:
> how to compile. It's actually quite hard to find it in the official
> website, and since the first chapters are targetted at complete
> beginners, I thought it would be nice to add a few lines or pages about
> compilation, linking, debugging, etc.
> What do you think ?

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will do something about that.

Although there is no hello world compilation, the dmd command line
appears multiple times throughout the chapters.

The 'assert and enforce' chapter shows it for the -release compiler
switch and coincidentally I am on the 'Unit Testing' chapter as we
speak, which includes the -unittest switch. :)

But you are right, both dmd and rdmd command lines must appear earlier.

Thank you,
Ali