Hacking on Phobos

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Apr 17 12:35:54 PDT 2012

On 17/04/12 20:47, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> The convention is to create a branch for making changes, this way it's
> very easy to generate pull requests on github if you ever wanted to
> contribute your code to the official codebase. Branches are super-cheap
> in git anyway, and you can edit source files to your heart's content
> since you can easily switch back to master if you mess something up.

Yea, I know; normally I would, but I want to do some side-by-side tests of the
new and old RandomSample class, and it seems like a PITA to have to go through
checkout-compile-copy to /usr/local/lib/-etc.etc. to do comparisons.

Yes, there are unittests and (once I compile rdmd successfully:-) I can probably
use these, but in the short term it seems simpler to just make a new file
containing the bits I need and tweak it there.