Sampling algorithms for D

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Apr 17 20:15:04 PDT 2012

On 13/04/12 10:04, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> OK, I'll see what I can do. I'd like to discuss and refine the design a
>> bit further before making any pull request -- should I take things over
>> to the Phobos mailing list for this ... ?
>
> I'm no authority but there is this d.D newsgroup which is perfectly fine for
> this kind of thing. A lot of nice people just don't (have time to) mess with
> unwashed masses in D.learn :)

Tweaked version, an revision of RandomSample from std.random, is available from
https://github.com/WebDrake/RandomSample

Feedback on code details and on tests would be very welcome.  It seems about 10%
slower than the original code I wrote, which I guess is down to factors in the
design of the RandomSample struct.