Clearly Label D1/D2/Tango/Phobos

Paul phshaffer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:34:10 PDT 2012

I bought the book and am trying to patiently learn this language.
  I follow various tutorials here and around the web that
frequently won't compile.  I suspect it has something to do with
D1/D2/Phobos/Tango and not just really poor unvetted tutorials.
It would really be helpful if those providing references, code
snippets, tutorials, etc clearly identify the context (i.e
D1/D2/Phobos/Tango).  I just think it would help accelerate the
spread and acceptance of this language if more of the code worked
as listed.

If people are out cruising the web and download a fresh copy of D
with excitement (about a cleaned-up, updated c-type systems
language) and then the first several things don't compile w/o
errors, they're going to move on.

Thanks so much to all who provide references, tutorials, etc!  It
is great service in helping others learn.  I hope this is seen as
constructive criticism for that is what it is.