learning D. Experienced issue very quickly.

Mark section91 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 06:10:46 PDT 2012

Yeah I bought the book recently and ran into an issue very
quickly into it. But this error I keep getting keeps bugging me.
Could really use an explanation on why its not compiling. Here is
the code.

/*
   Compute heights in centimeters for a range of heights
   expressed in feet and inches
*/
import std.stdio;

void main() {
   // values unlikely to change soon
   immutable inchPerFoot = 12;
   immutable cmPerInch = 2.54;

   // loop'n write
   foreach (feet; 5 .. 7) {
     foreach (inches; 0 .. inchPerFoot) {
       writeln(feet, "'", inches, "''\t",
         (feet * inchPerFoot + inches) * cmPerInch);

Here is the error I keep getting every time I try to compile:

(13): found '..' when expecting ')'
(13): found ')' when expecting ';' following statement
(14): found '..' when expecting ')'
(14): found ')' when expecting ';' following statement