learning D. Experienced issue very quickly.

Paul phshaffer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:51:21 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 18 April 2012 at 13:10:47 UTC, Mark wrote:
> Yeah I bought the book recently and ran into an issue very
> quickly into it. But this error I keep getting keeps bugging
> me. Could really use an explanation on why its not compiling.
> Here is the code.

Mark I started a thread along this line of reasoning.  In my case
it was the other way around.  I made sure I downloaded D2 but
found a code snippet for D1 (I think).  I'm starting to realize
this is probably an issue with free examples, tutorials, etc.
The code isn't posted with comments or context as how it will
compile.  If I ever start offering my code on the web I'm going
to put in the first comment line of the source code what context
it compiled and ran under. e.g. DMD v2.058/Phobos/Win32/etc.
Then if some newbie slacker like us is looking at the code 2
years from now, he will have some idea of whether he should try
it.  And if it doesn't compile, he can say "well that example was
v2.058/Win32 and this is V4.01/Linux64 that I am running."
....and not get frustrated.