Github/Git Pull 482

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Thu Apr 19 10:34:41 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 17:27:18 UTC, David wrote:
> I am having a problem with my Pull-Request, I don't know how I
> can do that:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/482#issuecomment-5070817
> I hope you can give me a short intstruction what to do, thanks.

Pull from upstream (if you don't have upstream set up as a remote
do a "git remote add upstream
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos.git" then "git
pull upstream master").  Then do "git checkout conv2" if you
aren't already on that branch.  Finally "git rebase master".
Resolve conflicts, if necessary.  Then git push -f origin
(presumably origin is your GitHub repo). The -f is required to
force the push because you are screwing around with history when
you do a rebase.

Regards,
Brad Anderson