opPropDispatch

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Apr 22 16:54:01 PDT 2012

On Monday, April 23, 2012 01:39:44 Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 April 2012 at 23:21:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > Well, I completely disagree with you on @property.
>
> Note: my problem is with -property, not @property.
>
> If @property was correctly implemented, it'd serve
> a very nice purpose. The reason I'm aware of the
> bug is this is something I've wanted to use before.
>
> -property is another story entirely.

Well, strict enforcement is how @property was designed in the first place (and
is how it's described in TDPL). It just hasn't been enabled as the normal
behavior yet in order to give people a chance to fix their code first (and to
give the compiler a chance to iron out its property-enforcement bugs). So,
you're arguing for a partial implementation of @property.

- Jonathan M Davis