Confused about git state

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Apr 23 08:10:57 PDT 2012

Not really specific to D, but since there are git experts here: recently
while trying to determine when a D bug was introduced, I checked out old
revisions of druntime/phobos (detached HEAD state). This morning, I ran
git pull on both repos with --ff-only, and now git insists that I'm
ahead of upstream/master by 67 commits, but I don't understand where
these commits are coming from, because git log shows everything is
up-to-date and all the hashes match.

So I'm confused about what git status means by "ahead of upstream/master
by 67 commits", because AFAIK I should be in sync? What's going on here?

Long, long ago, the ancient Chinese invented a device that lets them see through walls. It was called the "window".