Why has base class protection been deprecated?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Tue Apr 24 09:52:18 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 24 April 2012 at 12:22:14 UTC, David Bryant wrote:
> This bothers me for two reasons: firstly it's not a base class,
> and secondly, it's a standard OO pattern of mine.
>
> What's up with this?

Generally (and slightly inaccurately) speaking, D follows the
Java model for inheritance rather than the C++ one, where base
class protection attributes simply do not exist.

Besides that, I'm not quite sure what privately inheriting an
interface would buy you – there would be no implementation to
inherit anyway (except for final interface methods, but I doubt a
valid use case for this would be easy to find)?

David