Range of random numbers

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Apr 24 18:12:46 PDT 2012

On 24/04/12 13:50, Christophe wrote:
> We could also use a template to make a range out of a delegate and avoid
> this workarround...

What I'd _really_ like to see is something which would allow you to generate a
range of random numbers with an expression like,

     auto rr = randomRange!distribution(/* distribution parameters */);

or,

     auto rr = randomRange!distribution(size_t n, /* distribution parameters */);

... which would generate you either an infinite or length-n range of random
numbers generated by the specified distribution, with the passed parameters.

So, you could call e.g.,

     auto rr = randomRange!(uniform!"()")(100, 0.0, 1.0);

     auto rr = randomRange!pareto(100, alpha, sigma);

     auto rr = randomRange!exponential(lambda);

... etc.  But I'm not sure if this is feasible.