mysql binding/wrapper?

simendsjo simendsjo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:18:16 PDT 2012

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:08:34 +0200, Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:42:41 -0400, Adam D. Ruppe
> <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, 28 April 2012 at 16:19:37 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
>>> Would you mind if the module was added to vibe, and thus relicensed to
>>> MIT? No idea if the vibe folks would actually want that though :)
>>
>> My stuff is all free to take as far as I'm concerned, but
>> since this uses libmysql it might technically be GPL.
>
> If that's the case, using this lib will make your entire project GPL.
>
> I think the britseyeview version was an attempt by Steve Teale to write
> a non-GPL lib that used the protocol spec from MySQL for inclusion in
> Phobos.  Not sure where it stands.
>
> -Steve

I wrote a reply yesterday that obviously didn't make it.
Sönke Ludwig integrated Steve Teales native mysql library:
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/mysql-native
Haven't had the time to test it yet, but at least it compiles and is able
to get metadata from mysql.