Cannot build ws2_32.lib

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Fri Aug 3 03:47:52 PDT 2012

On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 07:00:25 +0100, Andre Tampubolon <andre at lc.vlsm.org>
wrote:
> On 8/3/2012 12:31 AM, Regan Heath wrote:
>>
>> Have you downloaded and extracted a normal dmd 2.0 installation/zip?
>>
>> If so, you should have:
>>
>>    <some path>\dmd2\windows\lib\ws2_32.lib
>>
>> and your
>>
>>    <some path>\dmd2\windows\bin\sc.ini
>
> Actually I just solved the problem, by copying all the libs from
> dmd.2.0.59.zip into C:\dm\lib\

That's odd.  I don't have ws2_32.lib in my dmc\dm\lib folder at all.

> And this is my sc.ini:
> [Environment]
> LIB="C:\dmd\lib"
> DFLAGS="-IC:\dmd\import" "-IC:\dmd\phobos"
> LINKCMD=link.exe

So, your sc.ini isn't pointing at dm\lib.. why would copying files there
make it work?

My sc.ini has:

[Environment]
LIB="%@P%\..\lib";\dm\lib
DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\..\src\phobos" "-I%@P%\..\..\src\druntime\import"
LINKCMD=%@P%\link.exe

%@P% resolves to the \dmd2\windows\bin folder so my LIB statement points
first at dmd2\windows\lib which is where ws2_32.lib is.

I wonder.. Is dm\bin in your path?  If so link.exe in your case is
probably dm\bin\link.exe and the sc.ini there has:

LIB="%@P%\..\lib";"%@P%\..\mfc\lib";%LIB%

which points to dm\lib.

If I were you, and you're not using dmc directly, I would remove dm\bin
 from the path and put dmd2\windows\bin there instead, then you should see
the same behaviour as me.