unittest vs exceptions?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Aug 4 16:58:53 PDT 2012

On Sunday, August 05, 2012 01:43:55 Maxime Chevalier wrote:
> These improvements would be very nice. The unit test framework,
> as it is, is rather underpowered.
>
> Exceptions could also use more documentation on the D website. I
> heard there was some exception chaining mechanism, but I can't
> even seem to find any info on the Error class.

It's in object_.d in druntime (which has the definition for Object in it), but
like much of druntime, it's not documented in the API docs. However, there is
some information about them here:

http://dlang.org/errors.html

TDPL (The D Programming Language by Andrei Alexandrescu) tends to cover a lot
of those sort of things better than the online docs do. The online docs
definitely could use some improvements.

- Jonathan M Davis