Tiny/Small C++ libraries

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Aug 5 19:09:45 PDT 2012

On Sunday, August 05, 2012 18:57:07 Brad Roberts wrote:
> > Last I heard, it never releases _any_ memory, and the one attempt to fix
> > that via a garbage collector tanked performance. It _is_ something that
> > needs to be sorted out one of these days though.
>
> It's often said, and never true.  It's patently obvious that it releases
> memory by simply grepping the source for 'free'.

Then why on earth does the memory consumption keep going up and up the more
CTFE-related stuff a module is doing. It certainly _looks_ like it doesn't free
any of _that_ memory at least, and I've definitely heard that it didn't, but I
obviously could have heard wrong. I've never studied the code to figure out
what it's doing.

- Jonathan M Davis