Error while trying to allocate memory (malloc)

Eyyub eyyub.pangearaion at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:28:39 PDT 2012

On Monday, 6 August 2012 at 14:55:05 UTC, CrudOMatic wrote:
> In C it was just declare and go...

Really ? I don't think, because : s_blockHeader* m_blockList;
Here, m_blockList is a pointer to s_blockHeader struct, and so
the default value is `null`.
So, trying to access to(?) a struct member whereas the pointer is
set to null, is a nonsense.
Tell me if I'm wrong. (I did not programming in C since 2 years)

> So, do I use new or what?
I do not know what you're trying to do, but if you want a pointer
you can use `new` or `malloc`.(it depends on what you need)

May be someone can help you better than me.