thread exceptions

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 12:52:05 PDT 2012

On 08/08/2012 12:44 PM, Martin Krejcirik wrote:

 > Easy, just catch Throwable :-)

The problem is, Error (and Throwable) should not be caught. There is no
guarantee of program behavior when an Error is thrown. At the least, an
AssertError is by definition pointing at bad program state so no further
action should make sense.

On the other hand, in my case catching by Throwable was the only way I
could figure out why my concurrency program was getting stuck. So yeah,
I guess the guideline should be don't catch Error in general. :)

Ali