HOWTO: automatic test a D program

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Aug 9 06:41:44 PDT 2012

On 2012-08-09 13:24, maboiteaspam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I m looking for some methods/tools to implement tests on my very little
> application about strings manipulation.
>
> I m looking to
> - avoid regressions
> - measure performance
> - learn it
>
> I made a quick search on the newsgroup archives, without success.
>
> In case my question is obvious, i would say that this is my very first
> desktop program,  i m really unfamiliar with this environment.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated !
> bye

D has built in support for unit testing. It's a very simple system but
it should cover the first point, regressions. It's possible to build a
library solution on top with more features. D also supports contract
programming via pre and post conditions.

http://dlang.org/unittest.html
http://dlang.org/dbc.html

I have a very simple unit test framework part of my serialization library:

https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange/blob/master/orange/test/UnitTester.d

--
/Jacob Carlborg