Sudoku Py / C++11 / D?

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 12:14:07 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 15 August 2012 at 15:39:26 UTC, ixid wrote:
> Could you supply your code? Which one are you using as the
> hardest? If you're solving the 1400 second one in 12 seconds
> that's very impressive, I can't get it below 240 seconds.

  1400 seconds? Well my CPU is a quad-core 3.2Ghz, but it's not
using threading so...

  I have made a C version a while back that solves any sudoku
puzzle in 1/8th of a second. The code for that though was
considerably longer and involved several forms of pattern
matching and detecting how to solve the puzzle before it went to
brute force as a last resort.

  Give me about 30 minutes, I'm going to clean the code up since
several parts of it do rely on single character variables. I'll
also add a little documentation so the 187 lines will likely
expand to about 200, if I add all the actual unittests I need
likely 250 lines.