Stringy Weirdness

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 01:59:44 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 18 August 2012 at 07:54:18 UTC, 1100110 wrote:
> Is it supposed to do that or not?  that's what I can't
> decide...  =P
>
> It doesn't seem to like templates either.  A tls variable,
> Tuple, or a Variant seems to be the only way that
> string[string][] works.  It wants a double?  a number anyways.

  Not it's not suppose to do that. An alias is just short hand for
the longer version. If you can use it properly without the alias
(but not with) than you have your answer. Fully expanded it's
hard to read:P

  immutable(char)[immutable(char)[]][]

  It's like optimizations, they are added that change your code to
be smaller, faster, inlined, using hardware tricks; But the usage
and behavior of the code remains unchanged.