-noboundscheck

Nvirjskly nvirjskly at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:26:34 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 19 August 2012 at 23:48:36 UTC, 1100110 wrote:
> Here are my results!  iirc -release implies -noboundscheck..
> Also I am on x64, and these files only compile to 32bit. So
> there could be
> performance missing there.

Wow, thanks. It looks like ldc2 does not play nice with
std.bigint, which is all the more reason for me to use my own
version. If you want to see it run and not assert out, remove
benchmark_bbs(); from main() in benchamrk.d

std.bigint seems to have a lot of problems as I had to repeatedly
mess around with things that SHOULD work. I think I should file a
few bug reports :/

I think GDC is dying because I have scope imports scattered
everywhere and it might not play nice with those... bah.

So it looks like ldc2 produces somewhat faster code, if not for
the fact that it did not play nice with std.bigint and that gdc
does not follow the reference compiler in its support of scope
imports... :/

So basically my code is dmd only atm and can be easily converted
to support ldc2, and maybe gdc if scope imports are the only
problem...

On the topic of Whirlpool, I'm almost done a naive non-optimised
version, and just need to make the S-box mixin.