math.pow fails at compile-time; is this a bug?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Aug 20 02:14:04 PDT 2012

On Monday, August 20, 2012 10:52:39 ixid wrote:
> Why would one thing be CTFE-able and another not? I mean what are
> the traits that prevent something being CTFE.

http://dlang.org/function.html#interpretation

Also, while classes work to some extent in CTFE, they can't be assigned to
anything which will persist beyond compile time. Similarly AAs can't be kept
around after compile time, and I don't know if they work at compile time at
all. I don't believe that unions work in CTFE either, though they're not
mentioned in that section for some reason.

- Jonathan M Davis