struct init property

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Aug 23 10:23:11 PDT 2012

On Thursday, August 23, 2012 19:15:16 nocide wrote:
> struct has no default constructor and instances are initialized with the
> init property.
> Can I declare or override the init property for a custom defined struct?

The init property is defined by what you directly initialize the struct's
member variables to.

struct S
{
 int i = 7;
 string s = "hello";
}

S.init has a value of 7 for i and "hello" for s.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that declaring an init function or property is
currently disallowed, but if it affects S.init, it's a bug.

- Jonathan M Davis