struct opCmp confustion

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 15:57:26 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 26 August 2012 at 21:45:38 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong but this method is never called by one of these
> compares. Or is this the point?

  Mmmm you're right. Due to the re-writing I thought it would
work. "abc" < "def" converts to "abc".opCmp("def") < 0, which
then doesn't work so it rewrites to opCmp("abc", "def") < 0.
Maybe I did it wrong; Or perhaps it's getting the values at
compile-time and saving them (less likely).

> I wished many times that something like this work, even for
> other constructs. That would be a way to avoid nasty opCmp,
> opEquals and so on in the object.d.

  Well unless whole functionality of certain types are required,
writing a compare function for that particular case isn't so bad
(or calling it in this case).