CTFE question

Danny Arends Danny.Arends at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 05:20:16 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 12:07:07 UTC, Chris Cain wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 11:39:20 UTC, Danny Arends wrote:
> I'm pretty sure there isn't. However, if you're just trying to
> develop/test your algorithm, you could write a program that
> runs it as a normal function (and just use writeln) as you
> develop it. After it's done, you remove the writelns, mark the
> function as pure and it should work exactly the same in CTFE.

Well it just seems some compilation runs take way longer (and
more memory)
then others..Googling I found that I just got to wait for:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/692

to be accepted. Seems a bit strange that a discussion about yes/no
newline is keeping this from getting into DMD.

Just basic ctfewrite support would help me a lot.

Gr,
Danny Arends