Use .get() in MultiD Assoc Array?

Paul phshaffer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 08:56:36 PDT 2012

> You're welcome. Note that your need of having a structure which
> is
> both associative and ordered is, if not unheard-of, at least
> somewhat
> uncommon.

I'm parsing program blocks from a proprietary HW/SW system.  They
provide the data in the form of:

Somegroupname/Someblockname
    someparam=value
    anotherparam=value
    otherparam=value
end

Somegroupname/Somediffblockname
    someparam=value
    anotherparam=value
    otherparam=value
end

Someothergroupname/Someotherblockname
    p1=value
    p2=value
    px=value
end

The data is in an ascii text file.
I need to be able to search it by group/block/parameter.
I need to be able to maintain group/block order.
There are ~hundred diff block types where the params and order of
params are known...though I would rather not create all of these
structures or lists ahead of time.

My greatest need at this point is to compare two files block by
block.  The blocks may be in diff orders between the files but
the params of each block type would always be the same in the
same order.

So compare groups, blocks within groups, and the values of each
param for matching group/block names.