rdmd & exception def & multiple files

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 13:12:26 PDT 2012

On 08/31/2012 11:28 AM, cal wrote:
> On Friday, 31 August 2012 at 17:14:25 UTC, Charles Hixson wrote:
>> If I ran DustMite on the original, the program got reduced down to
>> "void main () { }" (with some extra whitespace).
>
> And does rdmd compilation still fail with the reduced case?

No.  But there were even more complex versions in which it also didn't
fail.  For instance I could import utils.d (the addition of which caused
the original to stop working) and throw a LogicError (defined in
utils.d) and it didn't crash.

So I only have the large case...and even there, I've been working on the
project, as dmd doesn't give any problems, and so I can't guarantee
without checking again that it still fails.  But since nobody wants a
500 line test case (and I don't blame them...particularly since it
appears that if I move it into a folder with a different name it stops
failing), I haven't been preserving the case.  Last time I checked it
still failed with rdmd in the Parser folder, but that was hours ago.
There haven't been many changes, but there've been some.  And I can't
even preserve it by copying it into another folder, because then it
stops failing.