Apparent problem with GC not collecting on Windows

thedeemon dlang at thedeemon.com
Sat Dec 1 10:46:29 PST 2012

On Saturday, 1 December 2012 at 12:55:19 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> It should help because:
> 1) Each allocation happens in a new stack frame thus the
> pointer is overwritten each time.

To probably the same stinky value (a false pointer).

> 2) Precise heap scanning helps this case because it greatly
> reduces the amount of false pointers (note it's not the stack
> variables that hold these allocations in place)

I'm pretty sure in this case the false pointers are indeed in
stack or data segment, not in the heap. Data arrays must be
allocated with NO_SCAN flag so they're not scanned for pointers.