Hide console of gui program coded by gtkD

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Mon Dec 10 05:44:59 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 13:34:51 UTC, December Flower
wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a question about how to hide a console window.
>
> http://pds23.egloos.com/pds/201212/10/80/e0088180_50c5e3b1bb789.png
>
> This simple application is made by using gtkD and glade3. As
> you can see from picture above, console window pops up and
> doesn't disappear. When I close the console window, gui window
> also disappears. I also made a simple gui application without
> glade3, but it also showed console window. How can I hide this
> annoying console window?
>
> Regards.

It happens because in windows you should tell linker that
executable should belong to windows subsystem. Normally one have
to specify appropriate optlink options
(http://digitalmars.com/ctg/ctgLinkSwitches.html#subsystem), but
I used PE tools to patch the binary.