static code generation

js.mdnq js_adddot+mdng at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:52:58 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 20:17:41 UTC, Philippe Sigaud
wrote:
>> If I'm not mistaken isn't the "code" I'm trying to generate
>> still in a
>> string?
>>

> Well, yes, but not when you mix it in. It's a string mixin in
> this case,
> not a template mixin.

My whole point is not to use strings to insert code but to use
code to insert code. (essentially I want to avoid having to wrap
the code with " " as it disables highlighting and possibly other
features(intellisense, etc...))

We went off on a tangent before as it doesn't really solve my
problem. I want to generate a partial struct and global functions
and have the user supply the rest of the struct.