static code generation

js.mdnq js_adddot+mdng at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:30:05 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 22:01:37 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 12/10/2012 01:52 PM, js.mdnq wrote:
>
> > I want to avoid having to wrap the code with "
> > " as it disables highlighting and possibly other
> features(intellisense,
> > etc...))
>
> The q{} syntax is supposed to help with that issue. Emacs
> manages syntax highlighting correctly for the q{} strings:
>
> import std.stdio;
>
> void main()
> {
>     enum s = q{
>         writeln("hello world");
>     };
>
>     mixin (s);  // <-- s is a string
> }
>
> Ali

Thanks, this is definitely a step up. In Visual D, highlighting
and intellisense does not work correctly but it does seem to make
it easier than using a string directly. (I imagine it is the
fault of Visual D for treating the argument of q as different
than code)

It should, though, let me do what I want easier than the other
methods.

Thanks again!