alias type reduction

js.mdnq js_adddot+mdng at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:04:27 PST 2012

On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 10:03:34 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 09:29:46 UTC, js.mdnq wrote:
>> class _A(T, _NestLevel) { }
>> alias _A!(T, true) A!(T) // <- does not work but essentially
>> what I want
>
> template A(T) {
>   alias _A!(T, true) A;
> }
>
>> (or even better)
>>
>> class A(T, _NestLevel) { }
>> alias A!(T, true) A!(T)
>
> class A(T, bool _NestLevel = true) {}

yeah, I tried that and got errors, I guess it works now. I still
can't use the same class name as the alias though because I get a
recursion error. It's not a huge deal but would be nicer to not
have to mangle the class names to get it to work. The template
stuff didn't work or I wasn't using it correctly.