Marking bug entires as fixed/closed on bugzilla

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 14 10:42:08 PST 2012

On 12/14/2012 3:47 AM, monarch_dodra wrote:
> I have a whole list of bugs/issues that have since been corrected in 2.060alpha.
>
> I was wondering when and how these were to be closed?
>
> Am I supposed to wait for an official 2.061 first?
>
> Do I have to prove it was fixed, or just a simple "verified fixed" comment enough?

The pattern we've been following for years is to mark them as resolved/fixed at the point of checkin of the fix.  Any
bug that's no longer reproducible becomes a judgement call.. either resolved/worksforme or resolved/fixed.  If there's
reason to believe a specific change caused it to move from broken to fixed, then fixed is more accurate.  If it was
never confirmed broken then worksforme is more accurate.

The more data you have the better, but it's not necessary to make a major time investment.  The original reporter can
always reopen it and push back.

My 2 cents,
Brad