Cross Compiler Lniux to Win32

Nekroze nekroze at eturnilnetwork.com
Sat Dec 15 05:05:30 PST 2012

I have been thinking about starting a project recently to using
llvm to make a little toy compiler however I quite dislike mingw
and such on windows so was going to build a gcc cross compiler
and try to make it so I can code and compile my win32 compiler
(the compiler will be an exe and the code it makes will also run
on windows) from linux.

However I really wanted to use D and the LLVM bindings for D but
I am not sure if it is possible to cross compile for windows from
linux or how to go about it.

The few things I have found around the net on such things has
been about cross compiling for different CPU architectures but I
still want to target x86/64 but just a different operating system.

So straight up, is DMD capable of cross compiling on linux
targeting windows? I have never used the alternative D compilers
(GDC, LDC etc) but are they capable of this perhaps?