Googling about D

egslava egslava at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 01:47:23 PST 2012

Hi! In the beginning, sorry for my very bad English (and,
perhaps, for stupid idea too) :) I hope we'll find common
language :)

I don't program with D a lot, but when I try to find information
in google, I use that way:
"dlang something". And google very often tries to change it to
"slang something" :)
But I think, today, it's the best way. Because you can't look for
"d something". Because D - it's just a letter.
dlang - it's a word, so you can find something more ease, than
just with "D".

There're no any problem - you'll find necessary information on
first-second page of searching results.

Problems appear when I try to find all open-source solutions for
D.
For example, if I wanna find all web-frameworks and compare them.
Recently, I tried to find package manager - it was a problem _for
me_. I understand - there're package manager, but I can't compare
all them, because I can't find them _quickly_.

I think, it would more better, if D had official phrase for
searchings. For example:
d7ddb663512e4618b8f03d725d7f49c9e0ecc1e2 (sha1).
If you'll find "d7ddb663512e4618b8f03d725d7f49c9e0ecc1e2
web-framework" - you'll find nothing. It's very cool. Because, if
there aren't web framework for D - you'll just know about it. You
won't move through 10 pages of noise from Google.

Hash may be more short:
bozf4qy (tinyurl for dlang.org) - it's more cognizable and still
effective:
"bozf4qy game engine" - nothing. It's cool.

And try to use that:
"dlang game engine" - something usefull and MUCH noise.

And compare with that:
"JavaScript game engine". projects, libraries, etc. Perfect
searching.

It's very easy to integrate this technique with already existing
projects: just add to "README.md" string "bozf4qy". Or ask you
forum engine to add small, non-contrast label "bozf4qy" before
every message - so you can look for answers for problems, not
only for projects and libraries.

I think, it's very easy to use, to integrate.
But what do you think about it? Why not?

Sorry, if I spent your time for nothing :(