hello world with glib

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:21:08 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 18:24:03 UTC, Sonia Hamilton
wrote:

> [1]glib. I'm having problems compiling, what would the correct
> command
> line options?
>
> % dmd -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 hello.d -L-L/usr/local/lib
> -L-lglib-2.0
> hello.d(3): Error: undefined identifier GDateTime
> hello.d(3): Error: undefined identifier GTimeZone

Your problem isn't the command line options, but that you're
missing definitions of GDateTime and GTimeZone. You'll need to
define those somewhere, perhaps the top of your file here for
testing, so that D can know what they are.

> I've got the [2]Interfacing to C page bookmarked :-)
>
> Thanks for any help, Sonia.
>
> References
>
> 1. http://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.34/
> 2. http://dlang.org/interfaceToC.html

You might want to add this series as well, starting with part 1:
http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1140/entry-2254003-binding-d-to-c/