Googling about D

egslava egslava at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 00:14:40 PST 2012

> in my own opinion I'd think that having a centralized
> index and package tool (much like ruby's "gem", python's "pip",
> lua's
> "luarocks") would be a better way of handling the issue - I
> remember seeing
> a bit of talk about this some months (years?) ago but have
> since been too
> busy to worry about it. :D

Hi, Jeremy!
D, as far, as I know, already has some projects: DSSS and orbit.
When I had trying to google "d language package manager" I found
only those result. But really, I didn't even understand: Is DSSS
a build tool or a package manager? Or is it BT and PM together?
What projects are using ORBIT (orbit looks like gem/easy_install
tool). Where is list of packages, available for DSSS/orbit?
I may look for all those answers. But that questions - are
special cases of common problem.

Common problem - to find even that information I spent about 30
minutes. In another languages, when I want to find library/tool I
spend about 1-2 minutes, no more.

Furthermore, dsource is not working for me sometimes. And I even
can't register. I'm registered person, but when I try to log-in,
I see only a white screen instead of site.

So, again, problems:
1. I can't find all libraries/tools quickly.
2. I can't find solutions for my problems quickly. And you can't
solve that problem by central repository.