typeid + toString = runtime error

FG home at fgda.pl
Sun Dec 30 16:18:32 PST 2012

On 2012-12-30 17:04, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> Application error:
>> core.exception.InvalidMemoryOperationError
>
> My guess is that by the time that destructor is executed, the runtime has been
> shut down sufficiently that the ~ operator cannot work.

I've encountered this error before when using ~ in a destructor even without
shutting down the program. I think the garbage collector by throwing this error
tries to protect itself by disallowing the creation of any new managed objects
while a collection is running. Otherwise things would get too complicated. :)