Using the Variant (Setting it's memory location)

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 00:38:13 PST 2012

> I see that it's not exactly what you are looking for, but have
> you looked at std.conv.emplace()?

I've glanced it over, and I don't understand it, but it also
doesn't quite seem right.

I know sometimes I'll know what the type and size is, but most of
the time only my array of data will tell me. I can likely handle
it all in the type I was making, or a switch case. I was just
hoping to avoid that if I could. the structure of the data can
sometimes be something like (int, int, int, float, float, float,
char[1], char[3], char[32]).

Wow... serious case of Déjà vu...