linux linenumbers in stacktraces and druntime/phobos debug builds..

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 15:13:45 PST 2012

On Monday, 6 February 2012 at 20:36:39 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
> I get an segfault in druntime, but have no idea where to start
> looking.
> _D4core7runtime18runModuleUnitTestsUZb19unittestSegvHandlerUiPS4core3sys5posix6signal9siginfo_tPvZv+0x3c
>
> I cannot seem to find a way to enable line numbers in traces
> (adding -g adds line numbers in win, but not linux), and I
> cannot find any debug build of libphobos2.a - is it included?
> what is it called?
>
> PS: using dmd 2.057 on kubuntu x64 using the deb package from
> digitalmars.com

If you have a segmentation fault then you will need to compile
with -g, turn on core dumps and use gdb.

$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ ./test
$ gdb ./test core

You will be provided with file and line number, well the file may
just be a module name don't remember.

Also based on that mangled string it looks like you are running
the Druntime unittests. I've never used the above to get at
Unittest segfaults...