How to get Visual D working with Derelict2?

Chris Pons cmpons at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:39:15 PST 2012

Hey everyone,
I am new to D, and interested in using it with Derelict2 for game
development. I plan on using Visual D, which I have installed
already. I used the visual studio 2008 solution file to build the
libraries and the .di files but unfortunately I do not know where
to put these files once built or alternatively setup Visual D to
recognize their location.

Lastly, how would I import these libraries in the code?

Such as this, simple test program:

module main;

import derelict.opengl.gl; //<--- This doesn't work, how would I
import with the //lib and .di files in the right place?

import std.stdio;

void main()
{
    try {
        DerelictGL.load();
        writefln("Successfully loaded the OpenGL shared library.");
    } catch (Exception e) {
        writefln("Could not load the OpenGL shared library.");

Thank you for being patient with me!