D for game Development

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:10:39 PST 2012

On 2/16/2012 4:07 AM, Chris Pons wrote:
> I am sorry about the double post. I am in the middle of trying to
> install derelict following this tutorial:
>
> http://h3.gd/dmedia/?n=Tutorials.SdlGlTutorial1
>
> However, when I get to the third step I get this error:
>

> Error 1 Error: module gl is in file 'derelict\opengl\gl.d' which cannot
> be read D:\Documents\Projects\Test\Test\main.d 3
>
> I am assuming this means that gl.d can not be found. However, my
> derelict source files are in
>
> .../dmd2/src/ext/derelict/

Probably not a good idea to put this in the dmd directory. It makes it
less easy to upgrade dmd.

> In my VS project under the options panel, I pointed my DMD install path
> to D:\Documents\Projects\DMD2 .
>
> Do I need to set the Import and Library path as well?

Yes. When you compile Derelict2, .di files are generated in the import
subdirectory and the libraries in the lib subdirectory. I would just
pass -I<derelict-root>/import on the command line, and add pragma(lib,
"path/to/DerelictSomething.lib" or (libDerelictSomething.a) to your
source modules.