Template Inheritance

%u blm768 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:55:59 PST 2012

I've been working on porting an old D library to D2, and I'm running into a
nasty issue with templates and inheritance. I've got a base class like this:

class Reader {
    void get(T)(ref T[] buffer);
}

and a subclass like this:

class SubReader {
    void get()(SomeClass param);
}

The problem is that by creating a new form of the template in the subclass, I
made the base class's version invisible. If I try to use "alias Reader.get
get" like I would do for functions, the compiler complains that the symbols
clash (no musical puns intended). Does anyone know how to get this to work?