Everything on the Stack

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Feb 21 03:12:52 PST 2012

On 02/21/2012 11:27 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> scope/scoped isn't broken, they're just not safe.  It's better to have an
> unsafe library feature than an unsafe language feature.

scope is broken because it is not enforced by the means of
flow-analysis. As a result, it is not safe. Copying it to the library
and temporarily disabling 'scope' for classes is a good move however,
because this means we will be able to fix it at an arbitrary point in
the future without additional code breakage.