D, Derelict2, and OpenGL

Chris Pons cmpons at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:50:18 PST 2012

On Thursday, 23 February 2012 at 19:26:31 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> I find that when learning a complicated system or library, the
> best
> way is to write out the code examples, compile them, then change
> things until they break, fix it, then make more changes.
> Eventually
> you end up with the worst code ever known to man and a thorough
> understanding of the system at hand. I did it recently when
> figuring
> out that there is more to terminal emulation than just IO
> redirection
> and interpreting Terminal codes.
>
> Most of the time, you'll bang your head against your desk
> screaming
> "why wont you work" until you brain-damage your way into an
> epiphany,
> fix everything, achieve enlightenment, ???, PROFIT!

I have followed this same pattern when I work with the UDK.
Although, with that, its more about searching through source
code, reading over the foundation I'm building upon and moving
from there to try to implement my classes.

For me, that method has been the best to learn. Along with some
frustration when it doesn't go as planned.

Is the documentation up-to-date on this site? So that I can
search through and try to learn more about a certain library and
how it could help me?