UnitTest and visual D

Chris Pons cmpons at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:11:50 PST 2012

I am following the book "The D Programming Language" and am at
the portion about functions and unittest. For some reason I
cannot get unittest to do anything noticeable.

I right clicked on my Project > Properties > Command Line and
under additional options added -unittest (--main gave me an error
saying unrecognized switch). After I compiled the code, the
program ran as normal. Am I missing something? This is what I
have so far:

int[]find(int[] haystack, int needle)
{
	while(haystack.length > 0 && haystack[0] != needle){
		haystack = haystack[1 .. $];
	}
	return haystack;
}

unittest
{
	int[] a = [];
	assert(find(a, 5) == []);
	a = [ 1, 2, 3 ];
	assert(find(a, 0) == []);
	assert(find(a, 1).length == 3);
	assert(find(a, 2).length == 2);
	assert(a[0 $ - find(a, 3).length] [ 1, 2 ]);
}

void main()
{
	int[3] array = [3, 4, 5];