GDC: how to link with alternate version of Phobos?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Feb 24 10:11:18 PST 2012

On Friday, February 24, 2012 09:43:30 Johannes Pfau wrote:
> try -nophoboslib and/or -nostdinc. However, to use the git phobos
> version with gdc you also have to compile it with gdc. I'm not sure but
> I think the phobos source in gdc has gdc specific changes, at least it's
> that way for druntime.

That's necessary and expected for druntime. Each compiler is going to have its
own version of druntime, so you _need_ GDC's version of druntime. However, at
least in theory, Phobos should be the same across compilers. I don't know what
GDC is currently doing though. Regardless, if you're using another version of
Phobos, you're going to need to build it against GDC's version of druntime.

- Jonathan M Davis